1/6 Photos of Sesame-Sunflower-Poppy-Flax Seed Buttermilk Bread!
This is a soft and chewy bread that is both tangy and wholesome! Four different seeds and whole wheat flour give this bread a hearty texture.
My Private Note
9x5 inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 3/4 cup water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water.
- 2Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- 3Combine buttermilk, butter or margarine, honey and the yeast mixture in a large bowl.
- 4Add the salt, all of the seeds and the whole wheat flour and wheat germ.
- 5Stir to combine.
- 6Add the bread flour, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well with a wooden spoon after each addition.
- 7When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes.
- 8Lightly oil a large mixing bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with the oil.
- 9Cover with a damp cloth and put in a warm place to rise until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- 10Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 11Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- 12Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface.
- 13Divide the dough into two equal pieces and form into loaves.
- 14Place the loaves into the prepared pans.
- 15Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
- 16Bake at 375 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until the tops are brown and the bottom of a loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- 17Makes 2 loaves.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame-Sunflower-Poppy-Flax Seed Buttermilk Bread!
Serving Size: 1 (1489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1837.5
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 2672.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 328.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.8 g
- Sugars 38.6 g
- Protein 57.9 g