Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are SO good! I don't usually have low sodium broth or soy sauce and the dish doesn't turn out overly salty. (Though homemade broth is always best). I usually use an extra 1/2 tsp sesame seeds or so.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 21 ounces chicken broth, low-salt if possible
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine Brussels sprouts and broth in a large skillet, bring to a boil. Cook 6 minutes or until sprouts are just tender, stirring frequently. Drain, return to skillet. Combine water, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and garlic in a small bowl, stir until blended. Add cornstarch mixture to skillet; bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.