Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My friends and family think that this is some of the best kabobs they've ever had. Its a great change from hot dogs and burgers for your grill outs.
- 10 bamboo skewers (7-inch)
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 4 clove garlic, forced through a garlic press
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 9.85 ml minced ginger
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar, plus
- 4.92 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml lightly toasted sesame seeds, plus
- 4.92 ml lightly toasted sesame seeds
- 9.85 ml black pepper
- 680.38 g sirloin steaks, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 226.79 g button mushrooms
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml rosemary
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, garlic, oil, gingerroot, sugar, vinegar, sesame seeds, and pepper.
- Add steak and marinate for 30 minutes, chilled.
- Pre-cook the mushrooms by heating skillet at medium-high.
- Add olive oil, mushrooms, and rosemary.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- After marination, thread the screwers by alternating the steak cubes, red peppers, and partially cooked mushrooms.
- Grill the kebabs on medium-high heat for 6 minutes.
- Flip, baste with left over marinade, and cook for another 6 minutes.
My husband is very picky about marinades and loved this one! Thanks for sharing.
Great recipe - I actually tried the marinade without the sesame oil or seeds (my family doesn't care for these), and it turned out wonderfully.
This recipe was *awesome*! We cooked it out on the char grill and the neighbors were all comming out to find out what we were cooking. This recipe is a keeper and I wouldn't make any changes to it!