Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Got this from a friend
Make and share this Sesame Spinach Salad recipe from Food.com.
- In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil.
- Add half the spinach and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove spinach from water with a strainer and place in a large bowl of ice water until cool; lift out and drain.
- Repeat process to cook and cool remaining spinach.
- In a large bowl, mix sake, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil.
- Squeeze or roll spinach tightly in a kitchen towel to remove as much water as possible.
- Place in bowl and mix with dressing to coat.
- If making salad ahead, cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- Divide spinach into six cylindrical bundles and squeeze each tightly to compact the leaves.
- Arrange bundles on a serving plate or in individual small, shallow bowls.
- Spoon a little of the dressing left in the bowl over each bundle.
- Sprinkle each bundle with about 1 teaspoon sesame seeds.
This is a great made ahead salad that when put into the bundles makes an impressive presentation. Great side for fish dishes.