Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is such a yummy side dish for an Asian meal. You can also serve it over rice if you just throw all the ingredients in a pan and cook them so that your spinach is hot.
- 1 lb spinach, large stems removed
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds, more to taste
- Steam half the spinach for a minute; chill in ice water.
- Repeat with the remaining spinach.
- Drain and squeeze dry.
- In a bowl, toss the spinach with the sesame oil, soy sauce, and salt.
- Top with sesame seeds and serve!
Great mix of flavors and I especially like the toasted sesame seeds on the spinach. I used low sodium soy sauce and cut back on the recommended salt but still thought it was a bit salty.
Pretty good, but not as good as I have had in restaurants like at Sushi Tango in Mpls. I am trying the only recipe in recipezaar listed as GOMA-AE next, maybe that is what I am looking for...