Recipe by Mandalou
This recipe was given to me by a dear friends mother when I first got married. It has an excellent Asian flair because of the soy and sesame oil. It is a wonderful cold side dish, or a great light lunch. People always ask me to bring it to gatherings.
Top Review by Susie D
This salad has lots of positives. It is laden with vegetables, brightly colored, and has a very light & fresh taste. I made a reduced amount to sample the salad & next time would do a few things differently, but they are strictly personal preference. Others may love the clean taste just as written. I would substitute some of the vegetables with others, possibly green or red onion and red peppers. I would also reduce the oil. It would lower the calories & still have enough to coat the salad. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 4 cups broccoli
- 2 cups carrots
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain well.
- Place pasta in a bowl. Add all liquid ingredients.
- Shred raw broccoli florets into tiny pieces. Shred Raw carrots.
- Add all remaining ingredients into the pasta.
- Toss thoroughly (careful, this can be messy).
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours (overnight is best) re-tossing occasionally.