Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sweet-tart Japanese style dressing is from the Flying Fish Restaurant in beautiful Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA. This dressing can also be used as a marinade for chicken, pork and beef.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place all ingredients in a glass jar and seal the lid tightly.
- Shake the jar until the sugar has dissolved.
- The dressing can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 1 month. Bring to room temperature before using.
This was great. Super easy. I used less sugar. Used as a salad dressing. Also added a little lime juice and fish sauce.
So versatile! Can be used in salads and as a marinade. I'll always keep a bottle of this in the refrigerator. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT6.
*Reviewed for ZWT6 Whine and Cheese Gang* Super easy dressing/marinade...you just can't go wrong with this recipe. I used this recipe to marinate strips of chicken breast and served with steamed asian greens. Added in some sliced green onions. Photos to be posted also