Recipe by Oolala
A heart smart recipe from a magazine. This recipe calls for skinless legs and thighs, on the bone. Several hours marination required. 6 servings (a leg and thigh per person).
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper oil
- 6 skinless chicken legs, skin and visible fat removed
- 6 skinless chicken thighs, skin and visible fat removed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine onion, lime juice, rind, soy sauce, sherry, garlic, ginger, orange juice concentrate, sugar, garlic and oil and set aside.
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry.
- Arrange the chicken in a baking dish and pour lime mixture over all, turning each piece to coat completely.
- Cover and marinate chicken in refrigerator several hours; turning twice during that time.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Bake the chicken 35 minutes until done and then broil 5 minutes, turning pieces in cooking juice to maximize flavor.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.