Recipe by dicentra
From Asparagus to Zucchini
Top Review by *Parsley*
I love bok choy, and this recipe is a simple, tasty and quick-fix way to make it. I liked the garlic flavor and the tanginess of the rice vinegar and sugar. I added some sliced onion, just as my preference. Thanx for a great new bok choy recipe!
- 1 head bok choy
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the bok choy. Slice the leafy portion from the stalks. Cut both the leaves and stalks into large matchstick sized pieces, keeping two piles.
- Heat a large heavy skillet until hot. Add oil and coat the pan. Add the bok choy stems; stir fry about 5 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir fry briefly.
- Add bok choy greens, chicken stock, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook until bok choy is tender and glazed with sauce 5-8 minutes.
- Remove cover, sprinkle with sesame seeds and increase heat to medium high.
- Cook until liquid evaporates 2-3 minutes.