Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is just too good.
Make and share this Sesame Snow Peas recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas (Chinese pea pods)
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium carrot, but into matchstick pieces
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- To de-stem peas, pinch off stem end from each pod and pull strings down pod to remove, if present. (Young tender pods may have no strings.).
- Made a "V-shaped" cut at opposite end of pod.
- To stir-fry, place wok or large skillet over hight heat.
- Add sesame and vegetable oils, swirling to coat sides.
- Heat oils until hot, about 30 seconds.
- Add onions, ginger, peas and carrot.
- Stir-fry 4 minutes or until peas are bright green and crisp-tender.
- Stir in soy sauce.
- Transfer to warm serving dish.
- Sprinkle with reserved sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
A little oily for my taste.
Simple healthy recipe! Thanks for a quick yummy side item!
Delicious. I added sliced yellow onions as well as some chili sauce near the end. I also cooked the snow peas a bit longer. Thank you for a quick and easy recipe!