Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
OMG...if you are a sesame seed fan....these cookies you MUST try....they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good....yummy. The longer you toast your sesame seeds, the better flavor comes out...WOWWY!!!
- 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, toasted in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes to brown,stirring twice
- 1⁄8 cup toasted sesame seeds, for topping
- Combine oil, sugar, egg and vanilla in mixing bowl.
- Beat well.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and first amount of sesame seeds.
- Stir well.
- Shape into small balls.
- Place onto a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with a glass.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Makes 4 dozen.
These are addicting! It took me a few tries to get them how I wanted. The first batch were a little too big, the next too small so they got over done. The third batch was the best. I rolled them into 3/4 " balls (estimate) and cooked them for 9 minutes. Every time I walked into the kitchen I had to have one of these! Very quick to put together!