woodland hues's Note:
One of the starring appetizers in Canadian Living's cookbook The Complete Christmas Book. Prep time may take a bit longer depending on ease of peeling the shrimp. If wasabi paste isn't available, and powdered wasabi is, mix 4 tsp powder with 2 tsp water to form a paste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumb, processed fine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 30 large shrimp, peeled, deveined (approximately)
- 1Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 3Stir 1 tbsp mayonnaise with wasabi until smooth. Stir in remainder of mayo, 1 tbsp at a time.
- 4Stir in lime juice, chives and sesame oil. Set aside.
- 5In a shallow dish, stir together sesame seeds, bread crumbs and salt. Set aside.
- 6In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- 7Add shrimp and mix until they are fully coated.
- 8Press each shrimp into sesame seed mixture to coat and place on prepared baking sheet.
- 9Broil 4-5 inches from heat, about 2 minutes per side. Shrimp should turn pink and the coating turn golden.
- 10Serve with dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Shrimp With Wasabi Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.9
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.1 mg
- Sodium 295.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: