Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this in our newspaper and I love cilantro!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb fresh jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add garlic& ginger.
- Saute until the essence of garlic is released, 2-3 mins.
- Add lime juice, cilantro, wine, worcestershire, salt& pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, slightly reducing liquid, about 5 mins.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl.
- Pour half of lime cilantro butter over shrimp and toss gently.
- Reserve remaining half of lime cilantro butter mixture and keep it warm.
- Prepare broiler.
- Place shrimp in a broiling pan and brush with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Broil about 5 mins.
- Serve immediately with reserved butter.