Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Great recipe for the shrimp lovers out there 8).
Top Review by Rockinbuck
We really enjoyed this recipe! We had fresh shrimp from Mexico, sugar snap peas and scallions from our garden and served it over jasmine rice with fresh cilantro. Oh my! The seasoning on the shrimp really took it over the top and the sweet red pepper added not only color but a well blended flavor! Tons of peas left, I see us doing this one again!
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly cut into strips
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 lb sugar snap pea
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In plastic food storage bag, mix shrimp, ginger, red pepper, garlic, sesame seeds, black pepper.
- Put rice in heatproof serving bowl.
- Bring 2 1/2 cups water to boiling in saucepan, then pour over rice, cover with foil-set aside.
- In large wok or skillet heat the oil, sweet pepper and scallions.
- Sauté for 3 or 4 minutes to slightly soften.
- Add teriyaki sauce, then peas, shrimp, and seasoning.
- Sauté for 4 minutes, until shrimp are opaque.
- Stir the cornstarch and broth in small bowl; add to wok/saucepan.
- While stirring cook until bubbly and thickened.
- Add salt.
- With a fork, fluff the rice and spoon shrimp mixture over rice; serve.