Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great recipe for the shrimp lovers out there 8).
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly cut into strips
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 lb sugar snap pea
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In plastic food storage bag, mix shrimp, ginger, red pepper, garlic, sesame seeds, black pepper.
- Put rice in heatproof serving bowl.
- Bring 2 1/2 cups water to boiling in saucepan, then pour over rice, cover with foil-set aside.
- In large wok or skillet heat the oil, sweet pepper and scallions.
- Sauté for 3 or 4 minutes to slightly soften.
- Add teriyaki sauce, then peas, shrimp, and seasoning.
- Sauté for 4 minutes, until shrimp are opaque.
- Stir the cornstarch and broth in small bowl; add to wok/saucepan.
- While stirring cook until bubbly and thickened.
- Add salt.
- With a fork, fluff the rice and spoon shrimp mixture over rice; serve.
We really enjoyed this recipe! We had fresh shrimp from Mexico, sugar snap peas and scallions from our garden and served it over jasmine rice with fresh cilantro. Oh my! The seasoning on the shrimp really took it over the top and the sweet red pepper added not only color but a well blended flavor! Tons of peas left, I see us doing this one again!
A big hit with our family- especially hubby! Next time I won't put the shrimp in a bag with the ginger and garlic- it was too hard to get all of those yummy seasonings out and into the frying pan. I added some frozen stir-fry veggie mix to the peppers and snap peas for extra veggies. And because of the kids, I cut the red pepper back and served Asia hot sauce (sirachi) on the side for hubbie and me. I will be making this one again- I might try it with so precooked chicken too.
Easy and good. I used a substitute for the teriyaki, and I think it probably didn't do the recipe justice. I really like the shrimp and seasoning and would be good just sauted with steamed veggies and rice. Thanks!