1/1 Photo of Sesame Shrimp Noodles
I found this recipe in a Cooking Light magazine. The original recipe called for you to bake this dish, but I like it just as is. Very flavorful and everyone raved over it. I have made this quite a few times now, and it keeps getting better and better because I know how spicy or salty to make it. This is a dish that you can fine tune and add to it whatever you want. (peanuts, water chestnuts, broccoli, etc.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti or 8 ounces linguine, broken in half
- 1 lb shrimp or 6 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 8 ounces mushrooms, slice (or 16 ounces)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (we used around 1-1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 3/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- all purpose seasoning (for your shrimp)
- 1Cook pasta.
- 2While pasta cooks, in a skillet (deep enough to hold liquid and pasta later on) put a little olive oil and throw in your bell peppers and mushrooms. Cook this down to your liking, and set them aside on a plate.
- 3Add some more olive oil to your skillet and throw your shrimp and garlic inches Season your shrimp how you like them, I like to add a little Tony's Chachere's creole seasoning but you can do a basic all purpose seasoning on them. After cooked, set this aside.
- 4In the same pan add the soy sauce, broth, red peppers, mushrooms, cornstarch (make sure you mix the cornstarch and sherry together with a fork in a separate bowl before adding) Keep stirring till mixture starts to thicken and bubble. I added an extra half tablespoon because I wanted my sauce a little thicker. Keep stirring constantly to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- 5Once thickened add vinegar and crushed red pepper.
- 6Take off heat, add pasta, shrimp, sesame seeds. Toss well to combine all ingredients.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Shrimp Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.3
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 220.8 mg
- Sodium 798.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth