DARLING recipe received in an email from makinglifebetter.com. This is SO delicious and super fast to throw together. You totally don't have to make them into hearts, but they do make a great meal for your anniversary or for Valentines Day :) I have changed the recipe a bit, as you don't need near the butter they called for nor do you need near amount of sauce for the shrimp. I also used sugar free jelly with no problems!
- 1 lb medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh sqeezed orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry jelly (may sub other jams)
- 2 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°. Slice down back of shrimp, almost completely through with small knife. Gently spread and flatten.
- Melt 4 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in small saucepan over medium heat, then stir in ginger, citrus juices, salt and pepper. Dip each shrimp in the butter sauce and arrange shrimp cut-side up on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons Spread, jelly, vinegar and hot pepper sauce in 1-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until jelly is melted. Strain, if desired.
- Arrange shrimp in heart shapes on sliced avocado, sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with sauce to serve.