Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice Asian-inspired salad for lunch or a light dinner. Recipe is from Cooking Light Magazine.
Make and share this Sesame Shrimp and Couscous Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄4 cups water, divided
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped (I prefer less)
- 3⁄4 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped (dry roasted, unsalted)
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add shrimp, cook 3 minutes or until done. Drain and rinse with cold water; cut shrimp in half. Bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- Combine vinegar, vegetable oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add shrimp, couscous, lettuce, bell pepper, peas, and cilantro; toss well. Sprinkle with peanuts.