2 hrs 10 mins
Plan ahead the shrimp needs to marinade for 2 hours, you might also want to give this a try using chicken strips ;-) This complete recipe may be doubled, prep time includes marinating time, cooking time is only estimated, adjust the cayenne pepper to suit heat level.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets (or to taste)
- 1 carrot (peeled and thinly sliced diagonally)
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional or to taste)
- cooked rice
- 1In a medium glass bowl mix together all marinade ingredients; add in shrimp, toss to combine, cover then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil in a large wok or skillet; add in broccoli florets and carrot slices; saute for 3-4 minutes then add add in teriyaki sauce then toss with veggies.
- 3Add in the marinated shrimp (do not rinse off the marinade) and saute for about 4 minutes or until shrimp is no longer pink.
- 4In a small bowl whisk together the broth with cornstach; add to the wok or skillet and bring to a simmer stirring until thickened.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Place in a large serving bowl or platter then sprinkle with finely chopped green onions and/or sesame seeds if desired.
- 7Serve with cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.3
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 1493.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 19.8 g