Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead the shrimp needs to marinade for 2 hours, you might also want to give this a try using chicken strips ;-) This complete recipe may be doubled, prep time includes marinating time, cooking time is only estimated, adjust the cayenne pepper to suit heat level.
- 1 lb medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets (or to taste)
- 1 carrot (peeled and thinly sliced diagonally)
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional or to taste)
- cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger (or use 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium glass bowl mix together all marinade ingredients; add in shrimp, toss to combine, cover then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil in a large wok or skillet; add in broccoli florets and carrot slices; saute for 3-4 minutes then add add in teriyaki sauce then toss with veggies.
- Add in the marinated shrimp (do not rinse off the marinade) and saute for about 4 minutes or until shrimp is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl whisk together the broth with cornstach; add to the wok or skillet and bring to a simmer stirring until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a large serving bowl or platter then sprinkle with finely chopped green onions and/or sesame seeds if desired.
- Serve with cooked rice.