Prep 3 mins
Cook 6 mins
Easy and fast Asian-style lunch. Feel free to add more or different veggies, I usually do!
- 1 small summer squash or 1 small zucchini, sliced and halved
- 1 (8 ounce) package tofu shirataki noodles, rinsed, drained well and cut (spaghetti shaped)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (I use the red pepper flavored)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 -2 green onion, sliced
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Whisk together peanut butter, soy, red pepper flakes and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Add squash slices to skillet and saute until tender.
- Add drained shirataki noodles, continue to saute until noodles are hot.
- Reduce heat and pour peanut butter mixture over noodles and squash. Cook briefly until sauce is hot and bubbly.
- Transfer to serving bowl and top with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.
We enjoyed this alot. I thought it needed a little sweetness, so I added some coconut cream, I also had a lot more veggies to add. I am guilty of altering recipes, but, that is where my creative juices fly!. Thanks for the basic recipe. :-)
This is very good! After rinsing the Shirataki Noodles (very well), I put in microwave for 2 min...this cooks them and gets rid of all the excess water. I used Mandolin to
this is so good! i rinsed the shirataki very well and parboiled for 3 mins then rinsed it again. Then I dried it with paper towel. I used the spaghetti (white kind). I had no squash on hand, I used asparagus and broccoli instead. I also added a little bit of oyster sauce. Tasted like takeout!