1/2 Photos of Sesame Seitan - Vegan
I was craving sesame chicken and came up with this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup tempura flour
- ice water
- 1 (8 ounce) box white wave seitan
- hot oil (for deep frying)
- 1 yellow squash or 1 zucchini, chopped matchstick size
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup ginger, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (or 1/4 cup soy sauce and 1/4 cup of natural sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper
- toasted sesame seeds (to garnish)
- cooked rice
- 1cut seitan into bite size pieces.
- 2in a plastic bag, evenly coat seitan with flour.
- 3mix tempura flour and ice water in a bowl until you get a smooth batter.
- 4dip floured seitan in batter and deep fry til crispy.
- 5place seitan on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- 6In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil and stirfry all shredded vegetables.
- 7add teriyaki sauce, sesame oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- 8add seitan.
- 9serve with rice and sprinkle sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Seitan - Vegan
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.2
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 929.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: