I was craving sesame chicken and came up with this.
Make and share this Sesame Seitan - Vegan recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup tempura flour
- ice water
- 1 (8 ounce) boxwhite wave seitan
- hot oil (for deep frying)
- 1 yellow squash or 1 zucchini, chopped matchstick size
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ginger, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce (or 1/4 cup soy sauce and 1/4 cup of natural sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper
- toasted sesame seeds (to garnish)
- cooked rice
- cut seitan into bite size pieces.
- in a plastic bag, evenly coat seitan with flour.
- mix tempura flour and ice water in a bowl until you get a smooth batter.
- dip floured seitan in batter and deep fry til crispy.
- place seitan on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil and stirfry all shredded vegetables.
- add teriyaki sauce, sesame oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- add seitan.
- serve with rice and sprinkle sesame seeds.