Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - India. The recipe was found on Indian Food Forever. Next to Cardamom cookies, Sesame Seed cookies are one of my top three favorite cookies. This recipe promised to be tasty. I can't wait to try these. I'm sorry I haven't tried these yet and don't know how many cookies it will make.
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 4 cups flour, white
- 1 cup sugar, white
- 1 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fl.
- In a large bowl, sieve the flour with salt and baking soda.
- Add sugar, butter, 2 eggs, caraway seeds and blend well.
- Add the milk a little by little and knead to a smooth dough.
- Roll out on a floured board 1cm thick and cut out with fancy cookie cutters.
- Brush with remaining well beaten egg and sprinkle heavily with sesame seeds.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy with a good cup of tea. .
I love these cookies!!! I had to add about 1/2 cup of extra flour and then the dough was incredibly easy to work with. The caraway seeds were so nice in this and sesame seeds are always a great addition. You could replace the seeds with something else in this dough - it can easily be sweet or savoury. The only problem is that the recipes states baking soda but the instructions state baking powder. I figured that it was the baking powder! Made for ZWT8. Thanks Baby Kato! :)