Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "The Arabian Delights Cookbook" by Anne Marie Weiss-Armush .Famous throughout the Middle East.
- Scatter the sesame seeds on a baking sheet and toast in a 350-degree oven until a light golden brown.
- Combine the honey with the (1 tbsp.) water and use to moisten the sesame seeds. Spread in a saucer.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Cut in the butter, as if you were making pie crust dough. Gradually add the (2/3 cup) water until the dough is smooth.
- Form balls of dough the size of walnuts and dip one side of each ball into the sesame seed mixture to coat. The bottom side may be very lightly touched to the pistachios. Place on greased baking sheets, sesame side up.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
Very good cookies! I couldn't wait to make these and I wasn't disappointed when they came out of the oven. I followed everything just as you said. I didn't have the pistachios so I left that out. I hope to add them next time I make this. I didn't have to use all of the 2/3 cup of water only about half of it ( until it came together smoothly like regular cookie dough.) For me this made a few more than two doz. The honey and sesame together are a wonderful combination. Made for NA*ME tag