1/2 Photos of Sesame Seed Cookies
From "The Arabian Delights Cookbook" by Anne Marie Weiss-Armush .Famous throughout the Middle East.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scatter the sesame seeds on a baking sheet and toast in a 350-degree oven until a light golden brown.
- 2Combine the honey with the (1 tbsp.) water and use to moisten the sesame seeds. Spread in a saucer.
- 3Stir together the flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- 4Cut in the butter, as if you were making pie crust dough. Gradually add the (2/3 cup) water until the dough is smooth.
- 5Form balls of dough the size of walnuts and dip one side of each ball into the sesame seed mixture to coat. The bottom side may be very lightly touched to the pistachios. Place on greased baking sheets, sesame side up.
- 6Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Seed Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 854.0
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 91.5 mg
- Sodium 54.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 42.0 g
- Protein 11.6 g