Recipe by threeovens
An appetizer in which chicken wing drummettes are rolled in a mixture of sesame seeds and seasoned bread crumbs, then roasted until golden and crispy. This is sort of a party dish, or meze (think Spanish Tapas).
Top Review by I'mPat
Sorry to see we had a few drams but all turned out well. Read recipe in the morning oh oops got busy and marinating wings (just over 2lb) int he milk. Had intentions of doubling the crumbing mix but when I came to make found I only had 1/2 cup of sesame seeds so just added 1/2 cup of bread crumbs with 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper and had just enough mix to coat the cut up wings (didn't use the tips and had 10 wings) and baked as directed for 50 minutes (175C fan forced oven) and the result was moist tender wings/drumettes with a slight bite of heat, absolutely delicious and had you licking your fingers and lips, a big thank you threeovens, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #69 October 2012.
- 453.59 g chicken wings, drummettes
- 118.29 ml milk
- 177.44 ml sesame seeds
- 59.14 ml breadcrumbs
- 2.46 ml ground cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak chicken in milk overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine sesame seeds, breadcrumbs, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll chicken in sesame seed mixture and place on baking sheet so that they do not touch.
- Roast until golden and crispy, about 45 minutes.