Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
An appetizer in which chicken wing drummettes are rolled in a mixture of sesame seeds and seasoned bread crumbs, then roasted until golden and crispy. This is sort of a party dish, or meze (think Spanish Tapas).
- 1 lb chicken wings, drummettes
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Soak chicken in milk overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine sesame seeds, breadcrumbs, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll chicken in sesame seed mixture and place on baking sheet so that they do not touch.
- Roast until golden and crispy, about 45 minutes.
Sorry to see we had a few drams but all turned out well. Read recipe in the morning oh oops got busy and marinating wings (just over 2lb) int he milk. Had intentions of doubling the crumbing mix but when I came to make found I only had 1/2 cup of sesame seeds so just added 1/2 cup of bread crumbs with 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper and had just enough mix to coat the cut up wings (didn't use the tips and had 10 wings) and baked as directed for 50 minutes (175C fan forced oven) and the result was moist tender wings/drumettes with a slight bite of heat, absolutely delicious and had you licking your fingers and lips, a big thank you threeovens, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #69 October 2012.
I actually used boneless chicken strips to make this. I soaked them in milk approx 4 hours & then breaded. While breading half of the chicken I omitted the cayenne then added it to the mix for the rest of the chicken. I liked the heat and didn't find it overpowering at all. I think the chicken might even be too plain without it. I used panko bread crumbs & had quite a bit of breading left over. I baked on parchament paper as directed & the oven time was around 35 minutes for chicken strips. I liked the breading. It was crispy, adhered well, and we enjoyed the sesame seed flavor. I served Renegade Red Sauce for Shrimp and Fish as a dipping sauce. Others used ranch dressing. Made for ZWT6.