Recipe by Tomboy
A firm favourite with the kids as an after school snack. Dangerously "moorish" Better make a double batch!Thanks to my friend Heather!
Top Review by Sueie
Mmmm! This has to be from a fellow Aussie. An ANZAC biscuits with sesame seeds - just in time for ANZAC Day. Had to add a little extra butter to make them bind better to roll them. Great twist on an old favourite.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt Margarine and Golden Syrup over low heat or in the microwave.
- Mix Bicarb Soda with water and add to margarine and syrup mix.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix margarine and syrup through.
- Place small balls onto lightly greased trays and flatten slightly.
- Bake 150 deg celcius for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool on trays.