Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I cut this one out of a magazine (whose name I've forgotten). Untried.
- 2 tablespoons sugar syrup (found in health food stores)
- 35 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 2 tablespoons rose petals, torn (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds, hulled
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Form 2 teaspoons of wafer mixture into 2 small balls and place 15cm apart on baking paper-lined oven trays (mixture will spread considerably.
- Bake at 180c for 10-12 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and stand for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining mixture - best made on day of serving.
- Note: Use roses that have not been sprayed with chemicals or pesticides.