Missy Wombat's Note:
If you like this, please consider making a donation to Oxfam. Even if you loathe this, make that donation...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the sesame seeds in a shallow pan without any oil, until they begin to jump about and turn golden.
- 2Shake the pan so that they do not stick or burn.
- 3Allow to cool.
- 4Using a heavy pan, heat the margarine and then add the honey.
- 5Stir continuously until the mixture begins to caramelise.
- 6Pour the sesame seeds into the warm mixture and stir thoroughly.
- 7Transfer the mixture into a flat tin.
- 8As the mixture cools, shape it into sticks either by cutting or rolling, and then coating it with more sesame seeds if required.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame seed and honey sticks from Mali (Meni-meniyong)
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1963.0
- Calories from Fat 809
- Total Fat 89.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 496.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 303.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 278.6 g
- Protein 19.2 g