Recipe by Missy Wombat
If you like this, please consider making a donation to Oxfam. Even if you loathe this, make that donation...
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
YUMMY! These are "To Die For", will say my dad when he has these! He loves eating anything with sesame seeds(as we believe that it makes you a rich man if you have this on New Years' eve, but dad likes it all year through;!). I have made this for him today (I doubled the recipe too!!), but I'm going to gift these to him on Fathers' Day, the 15th of June! These look really good and taste wonderful plus were so easy to make! A definite keeper! Thanks for posting!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the sesame seeds in a shallow pan without any oil, until they begin to jump about and turn golden.
- Shake the pan so that they do not stick or burn.
- Allow to cool.
- Using a heavy pan, heat the margarine and then add the honey.
- Stir continuously until the mixture begins to caramelise.
- Pour the sesame seeds into the warm mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture into a flat tin.
- As the mixture cools, shape it into sticks either by cutting or rolling, and then coating it with more sesame seeds if required.