Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice to serve with sushi or any fish meals. I like to have it chilled.
Make and share this Sesame Seaweed Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ounce wakame seaweed, snipped into 1-in . pieces if in large chunks (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup dulse seaweed (about 1/2 oz.)
- 1 cup arame seaweed (about 1/2 oz., or use more dulse)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar (optional)
- Look through seaweeds for any small pebbles or debris and discard. Soak wakame and arame in separate bowls with cool water to cover generously until tender, 5 to 12 minutes for wakame and 9 to 10 minutes for arame. Drain well. Snip dulse into 2-in.-long pieces; don't soak.
- Toast sesame seeds in a large frying pan over medium heat, stirring often, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour into a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoons oil to the pan with the garlic and onions; sauté over medium heat until softened, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add seaweeds, remaining 1 tablespoons oil, and soy sauce. Toss gently to coat well and let stand until dulse is softened, 5 minutes. Mix in sesame seeds.
- Taste and add rice vinegar if you like. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- *Buy dried seaweed at natural foods stores and Asian markets.
Interesting. I will be making this again, definitely. I only had dulse flakes as well, so I don't know if that was the issue, but that flavor definitely took over.
This was another first for me. Had to go over by the Navy base to find an Asian market that had the seaweed. Maybe it%u2019s just me, but this just didn%u2019t fit my taste buds. So sorry! Don%u2019t think it is the recipe, just my taste in food. Made for ZWT7.
This was very good. I love the seaweed salad that I get at my local sushi joint, but I haven't been able to duplicate it at home. This is very close. I increased the amount of sesame oil and rice vinegar, but otherwise followed the directions as written. I was very surprised at the amount this made- I cut to one serving, but in my mind, I'd call that amount 4 lunch sized servings. I'll really enjoy being able to make this salad at home for my bento lunches! Made for ZWT7- Emerald City Shakers