Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from mugsy27 on discusscooking.com . Sounds delicious!
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 4 (6 ounce) tuna steaks
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, mirin, honey and sesame oil. Divide into two equal parts. Stir the rice vinegar into one part and set aside as a dipping sauce.
- Spread the sesame seeds out on a plate. Coat the tuna steaks with the remaining soy sauce mixture, then press into the sesame seeds to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot. Place steaks in the pan, and sear for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Serve with the dipping sauce and wasabi paste.
Very easy recipe, and I actually had all the ingredients in my pantry! The dipping sauce was tasty and so simple. Thanks!!