Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
NewOrleansGiglet @ www.allrecipes.com. This is a great recipe. Use very good tuna and marinade overnight (not required, but well worth it). Do not overcook, approximately, one minute on each side.
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, mirin, honey and sesame oil.
- Divide into two equal parts.
- Stir the rice vinegar into one part and set aside as a dipping sauce.
- Spread the sesame seeds out on a plate.
- Coat the tuna steaks with the remaining soy sauce mixture, then press into the sesame seeds to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Place steaks in the pan, and sear for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Serve with the dipping sauce and wasabi paste.