Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An eastern Asian fusion. Serve with a crunchy green vegetable stir fry, and a semi-sweet white wine. From Eating In, by Betty Fussell.
- 1⁄3 lb egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 lb scallops
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1⁄4 cup black tea, brewed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- red pepper flakes
- Boil the noodles in water until al dente. Drain and rinse in cold water. Mix in a bowl with 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
- Cut scallops in halves (small) or quarters (medium or large).
- Heat the remaining sesame oil in a wok or large skillet. Saute the scallops about 1 minute.
- Add scallops, scallions, and sesame seeds to the noodles.
- Mix remaining ingredients into a smooth sauce, by hand or in a small food processor container. Adjust the thickness with tea or tahini, and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Toss noodle mixture in sauce, and serve immediately.