Recipe by saylaveev
This is a wonderful sauce from a local restaurant. Its sought after and thankfully they are planning on bottling it but I just couldn't wait and happened to get the recipe from a friend who got it from a former employee. Its super tasty over rice, goes well as a dipping sauce for steak and prawns or whatever you want to try.
Top Review by jeannajustfine
this is the stuff i've been looking for! AWESOME!!!! i am 3 1/2 months pregnant and i have been thinking about this sauce for days and here is the recipe. just remember to use a mild soy sauce it makes all the difference. thanks so much for posting this!!!
- 6 tablespoons ground sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon English mustard powder
- 3⁄4 cup yamasa soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare mustard according to instructions.
- Mix mustard, soy sauce and oil in blender. You can use any type of soy sauce you like, but tamara can get to salty, so a less salty version is better.
- Add garlic, onion, ground seseame seeds and blend until smooth.
- Mix roasted seeds inches.
- You can substitute whole seseame seeds for the ground but make sure to blend on high for a long time.
- Warm if desired over low heat.