Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful sauce from a local restaurant. Its sought after and thankfully they are planning on bottling it but I just couldn't wait and happened to get the recipe from a friend who got it from a former employee. Its super tasty over rice, goes well as a dipping sauce for steak and prawns or whatever you want to try.
- 6 tablespoons ground sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon English mustard powder
- 3⁄4 cup yamasa soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- Prepare mustard according to instructions.
- Mix mustard, soy sauce and oil in blender. You can use any type of soy sauce you like, but tamara can get to salty, so a less salty version is better.
- Add garlic, onion, ground seseame seeds and blend until smooth.
- Mix roasted seeds inches.
- You can substitute whole seseame seeds for the ground but make sure to blend on high for a long time.
- Warm if desired over low heat.
this is the stuff i've been looking for! AWESOME!!!! i am 3 1/2 months pregnant and i have been thinking about this sauce for days and here is the recipe. just remember to use a mild soy sauce it makes all the difference. thanks so much for posting this!!!
thank you thank you thank you! I've been trying to figure out this recipe for years, you and your friend are amazing! Thanks for sharing! PS if you haven't guessed this sauce is super tasty, try it over brown rice, as a dipping sauce for tofu, veggies, ect...