Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
These look elegant and are unbelievably easy. Is there anything better on salmon than sesame seeds? Yum. Twenty-five minutes!
- 12 ounces salmon fillets (or 2 each)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3⁄4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cucumber, sliced very thinly lengthwise (optional)
- Slice each fillet horizontally, leaving one end untouched; turn over, spread open and salt and pepper; roll the fillet up, turban-like, as tightly as possible using a toothpick to fasten; repeat with the remaining fillet.
- Put sesame seeds in a small saucer; stand a roulade up in the seed, coating the bottom and drizzle a bit of the olive oil on that side; repeat on the other side; repeat with the other fillet.
- Grill or broil fillets on aluminum foil about 4 minutes, turn and cook opposite side another 6 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Whisk vinegar and soy sauce together; remove cooked fillets from grill, drizzle with soy mixture and serve on a bed of cucumber strips.