Simple and delicious salmon with an asian flair. Works on the grill, too. Prep time is marinating time.
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 lb boneless salmon fillet, boneless salmon steaks can be used also
- 3 -4 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sherry, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, and red pepper flakes.
- Place salmon in a glass baking dish and pour soy sauce mixture over salmon. Cover, and chill for at least 2 hours, turning once halfway through.
- Once salmon has chilled, place on a heated broiler pan and broil 4" from the heat (or can use the grill) for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onion just before serving.