Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A favorite to serve warm or cold. I presented this at a friends party, and no one wanted any other appetizer. It can be an entre also.
- If I'm making it for a large party, I use a fillet. If for a dinner main course, I use steaks, but you can use either.
- Wash the salmon and pat dry.
- Thinly, but not too thinly, baste the salmon with the hoisen sauce then sprinkle heavily with the sesame seed until completely covered as though creating a crust.
- If you use steaks do both sides.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes (until the fish is finished).
- Place under the broiler for a minute to brown the sesame seeds. If you're using this as an hors d'ouvre, serve on bed of greens with crackers and put a little hoisen sauce on the side.
Very good! This is a quick and easy recipe to make for myself as I am the only one at home who eats salmon. I liked the fact that the hoisin sauce and sesame seeds didn't over power the taste of the salmon. I will making this one again