Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great salad dressing. I think if you left a couple of things out, it would still be good--it's very versatile. Just keep tasting it and add whatever seems right :-)
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Mix all ingredients together and allow flavors to combine (about 30 minutes).
- Use this dressing to top your favorite greens (I like it with spinach, mandarin oranges or strawberries depending on what I have around the house, and almonds).
I like this dressing but found it just a tad too sweet (for my taste).I used apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar and lemon juice instead of pineapple juice because I didn't have any. Soooo.....I added another tbls. of lemon juice and a tsp. more of soy sauce.Now I think Ive got it where I want it. I will be using this on a nice big lettuce salad for dinner! Thanks!
I made this for dinner this evening and what a hit! I loved it I don't think I am even going to want to share. I did tweek it to my tastes... I added 2 tbsp of lemon juice instead on the pineapple as I didn't have any and I also added chile powder instead of the ginger as I am not a huge fan of ginger. This reminds me of one of the dressings I have at one of my favorite resturants, I am so glad I can now make it at home. I am also looking forward to making this for company, how much they will get is another story! I loved it and will be making this one often, thanks so much for sharing, this one is a definate keeper for me. Leanne