Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This oven-roasted asparagus is a simple and delicious with the sophisticated flavor combination of sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, ginger, garlic and onion. We really enjoy the flavor of sesame, but if you desire a milder sesame flavor, decrease the sesame oil to 1 tsp. and replace with 1 more tsp. of olive oil. I served this with sesame-ginger pan-seared salmon and fried brown rice. Yum!
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place asparagus spears onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oils and sprinkle with seasonings. Toss to coat evenly. Arrange spears in a single layer and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender.