1 hr 15 mins
From the food coach, a great little snack. Low GI, wheat, gluten and dairy free. These are great for packing in bento or lunchboxes. From the food coach
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the rice in a pan with 2 ½ cups of cold water and a pinch sea salt.
- 2Bring to the boil and reduce to simmer for 30 - 35 minutes until cooked.
- 3n a food processor grind half the cooked rice until it becomes sticky and glues together.
- 4Add ground rice to a bowl with the remaining rice, vegetables and sesame seeds.
- 5Using your hands take a small amount of the rice and veggie mix and make a ball the size of a 50 cent piece.
- 6Push index finger through to centre and place a blob of umeboshi if using and close up the ball. Sushi ginger also works well too.
- 7Continue this process until all the rice mix has been used.
- 8Roll each ball in the sesame seed and wind a strip of damp nori around each ball.
- 9Brush each ball with sesame oil.
- 10Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 160C.
- 11Serve with a dipping sauce of tamari.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Rice Balls
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.2
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: