Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
From the food coach, a great little snack. Low GI, wheat, gluten and dairy free. These are great for packing in bento or lunchboxes. From the food coach
- Place the rice in a pan with 2 ½ cups of cold water and a pinch sea salt.
- Bring to the boil and reduce to simmer for 30 - 35 minutes until cooked.
- n a food processor grind half the cooked rice until it becomes sticky and glues together.
- Add ground rice to a bowl with the remaining rice, vegetables and sesame seeds.
- Using your hands take a small amount of the rice and veggie mix and make a ball the size of a 50 cent piece.
- Push index finger through to centre and place a blob of umeboshi if using and close up the ball. Sushi ginger also works well too.
- Continue this process until all the rice mix has been used.
- Roll each ball in the sesame seed and wind a strip of damp nori around each ball.
- Brush each ball with sesame oil.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 160C.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of tamari.