Recipe by Sharon123
This is how I love my brown rice. I always use short grain rice, adding about 1/2 cup more water than called for. With a splash of soy sauce, I'm in heaven!
Top Review by MsSally
This is a very nice way to have rice. I liked the flavor and the only thing I might do differently is to add just a little more scallons. I used long grain rice and used 2 cups of water and the rice was perfectly tender.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dark toasted sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup minced scallion
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 -3 teaspoons soy sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, toss the rice with 1/2 teaspoons of the sesame oil to coat the grains.
- Add the water, cover, and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the rice is tender, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Stir in the scallions, sesame seeds, the remaining sesame oil, and soy sauce to taste.
- Toast sesame seeds in a single layer on an unoiled baking tray at 350*F for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant and golden.
- Watch carefully, so as not to burn!