Recipe by mama smurf
Another simple but delicious side dish that goes with any meat dish.
Top Review by Outta Here
A nice side for your Recipe #416112. This rice has mild, subtle flavors that went well with the spiciness of the meat. I made a couple of changes: used chicken broth for the water and bouillon, and subbed 1 teaspoon sesame oil for some of the olive oil. I am going to try it with diced carrot as you suggest next time! Made for Spring 2010 PAC.
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 414.03 ml water
- 236.59 ml uncooked white rice or 236.59 ml brown rice
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml sliced green onion
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 29.58 ml toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add water, rice and bouillion cube.
- Bring to a boil and stir.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in tomatoe, green onions and parsley.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- *Note: you can also add a little diced carrots, celery and/or mushrooms with the onion.