1/1 Photo of Sesame Rice
mama smurf's Note:
Another simple but delicious side dish that goes with any meat dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice or 1 cup brown rice
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- 2Add water, rice and bouillion cube.
- 3Bring to a boil and stir.
- 4Reduce heat and cover.
- 5Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 6Stir in tomatoe, green onions and parsley.
- 7Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- 8Garnish with sesame seeds.
- 9*Note: you can also add a little diced carrots, celery and/or mushrooms with the onion.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Rice
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.2
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 197.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g