Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another simple but delicious side dish that goes with any meat dish.
Make and share this Sesame Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice or 1 cup brown rice
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add water, rice and bouillion cube.
- Bring to a boil and stir.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in tomatoe, green onions and parsley.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- *Note: you can also add a little diced carrots, celery and/or mushrooms with the onion.
A nice side for your Korean Barbecued Flank Steak. This rice has mild, subtle flavors that went well with the spiciness of the meat. I made a couple of changes: used chicken broth for the water and bouillon, and subbed 1 teaspoon sesame oil for some of the olive oil. I am going to try it with diced carrot as you suggest next time! Made for Spring 2010 PAC.