Recipe by Jellyqueen
This recipe came from and old Southern Living cookbook. Edited to add: Don't be fooled by the name of these muffings...they are actually more of a roll than a muffin.
- 7.08 g package dry yeast
- 59.14 ml warm water
- 236.59 ml cornmeal
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter
- 473.18 ml scalded milk
- 946.36 ml sifted flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 59.14 ml sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- Place the cornmeal, sugar, salt and butter in a large bowl.
- Add heated milk and stir occasionally, until the butter melts.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Beat in 1 cup flour and eggs, then add the yeast.
- Beat in the remaining flour.
- Mixture will very stiff.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled (approximately 1 hour).
- Stir down and fill 24 oiled medium muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes, or until nearly doubled in bulk.
- Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.