1/3 Photos of Sesame Raised Cornmeal Muffins
2 hrs 15 mins
This recipe came from and old Southern Living cookbook. Edited to add: Don't be fooled by the name of these muffings...they are actually more of a roll than a muffin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- 2Place the cornmeal, sugar, salt and butter in a large bowl.
- 3Add heated milk and stir occasionally, until the butter melts.
- 4Cool to lukewarm.
- 5Beat in 1 cup flour and eggs, then add the yeast.
- 6Beat in the remaining flour.
- 7Mixture will very stiff.
- 8Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled (approximately 1 hour).
- 9Stir down and fill 24 oiled medium muffin cups 3/4 full.
- 10Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes, or until nearly doubled in bulk.
- 11Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- 12Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Raised Cornmeal Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.8
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.6 mg
- Sodium 336.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g