Prep 20 mins
Cook 26 mins
Modified from Cooking Light who forgot to tell you to press it and to wash the Quinoa completely.
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu, drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place tofu on several layers of heavy-duty paper towels then place a heavy plate on top.; let stand 20 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Rinse the Quinoa until the water runs clear. It should NOT look soapy.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add tofu and sesame; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add quinoa to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add stock and salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Place in a large bowl. Add tofu mixture, green onions, Braggs, and pepper; toss.