Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a real good sesame seed recipe for those who like prawns! It's from the FOOD column by Anjali Vellody, Weekend.
- 175 g shelled prawns
- 125 g haddock fillets, skinned
- 2 eggs
- black pepper
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed,toasted
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- oil, to deep fry
- 1 tablespoon watercress leaf, to garnish
- Put the prawns, haddock, one egg, salt and pepper to taste in the processor bowl.
- Fit the metal chopping blade and process until smooth.
- Spread evenly over the toast.
- Beat the other egg in a bowl.
- Brush it over the fish mixture.
- Press it down onto the sesame seeds until evenly coated.
- Deep fry each slice separately in hot oil for 2 minutes.
- Drain excess oil on a clean paper napkin.
- Cut into 8-12 fingers.
- Serve warm, garnished with watercress.