Recipe by **Jubes**
USe 12 large prawns for this recipe to make 4 skewers. You can use smaller prawns but you will need to increase the quantity used. This recipe can be gluten-free by using a gf tamari or soy sauce and gf . Preparation time includes 30 minutes marinating time
Prawns or shrimp
- 12 large prawns, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine or 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tail intact for presentation.
- Combine all of the remaining marinade ingredients and toss thru the prawns.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes only. (do not allow to marinate longer than the 30 minutes).
- Remove the prawns from the marinade and thread onto the skewers.
- Roll the skewered prawns onto the sesame seeds using a dinner plate or chopping board.
- BBQ or grill on high for approx 2 minutes each side.