Prep 50 mins
Cook 5 mins
USe 12 large prawns for this recipe to make 4 skewers. You can use smaller prawns but you will need to increase the quantity used. This recipe can be gluten-free by using a gf tamari or soy sauce and gf . Preparation time includes 30 minutes marinating time
Prawns or shrimp
- 12 large prawns, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine or 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 skewers
- Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tail intact for presentation.
- Combine all of the remaining marinade ingredients and toss thru the prawns.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes only. (do not allow to marinate longer than the 30 minutes).
- Remove the prawns from the marinade and thread onto the skewers.
- Roll the skewered prawns onto the sesame seeds using a dinner plate or chopping board.
- BBQ or grill on high for approx 2 minutes each side.
Yum! Really quick to put together and the marinade and sesame coating were a great combination.
These are delicious! I couldn't get larger prawns, so I used 24 tiger prawns, with 6 on each skewer. My hubby really loved these, and even my 5 yo had a try because they smelled so good! Thanks for sharing, I will be making these again next time we have a BBQ!