Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Thai Cooking and More. To toast sesame seeds, spread seeds in a small skillet. Shake skillet over medium heat 2 minutes or until seeds begin to pop and turn golden. Prep time does not include marinade time.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb pork tenderloin
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- Combine soy sauce and garlic in a small cup.
- Place tenderloin in a resealable food storage bag; pour soy/garlic mixture over the pork; turn to coat and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- While pork marinates, prepare cucumber salad.
- Wash, but do not peel cucumber; cut into thin slices.
- Mix cucumber and onion in a medium bowl.
- Combine vinegar, lime juice and sugar in a small bowl; stir into cucumbers and onions.
- Cover and refrigerate salad at least 30 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and top with peanuts before serving.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain pork, reserving 1 tablespoon of the marinade.
- Combine honey, brown sugar, ginger and reserved marinade in a small bowl.
- Place pork in a shallow foil lined roasting pan; brush with 1/2 the honey mixture; roast for 10 minutes.
- Turn pork over and brush with remaining honey mixture.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds evenly on the top.
- Roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F when tested with a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
- Let pork rest under a foil tent on a cutting board for 5 minutes. Internal temp will continue to rise to about 160 degrees.
- Cut into 1/2-inch slices and serve with Thai cucumber salad.
This is a great recipe, I am going to have a try tomorrow evening for my family. Thank you a lot!
Very nice! We grilled rather than broiled the pork, so had to reduce the honey and sugar in the final baste (took that into account in the rating) Moist, tasty pork and delicious salad. Thanks! Diane